Awhile back, I had the pleasure of contributing a small amount of code to Corey Goldberg’s excellent multi-mechanize web performance and load testing framework. Since I have been experimenting with using zeromq in place of the python Queue object for communication between processes and threads, I decided that multi-mechanize would be an excellent code base to experiment on. So today, I have started mecha-multi-mechanize. Over the course of the next few weeks, I plan to play with incorporating zeromq (and hopefully eventlet) into the original code.
As a first step, today I ripped out the Queue object that was used to communicate between agent threads and the resultswriter: Here is the diff from the commit. I was pleased with how straightforward it was.